Sanjeev Saxena, M.D.
Board-Certified Cardiovascular Disease Specialist
As a medical student, Dr. Sanjeev Saxena once witnessed a patient having a cardiac arrest – and felt in awe of the cardiologists who were able to successfully resuscitate him. In that moment, he realized, “That is what I want to do. That is my calling,” he remembers.
Now an accomplished cardiologist in his own right – he is the author of a book and many clinical papers on cardiovascular care and a longtime instructor in cardiovascular disease – Dr. Saxena brings to United Vein Centers an in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge cardiovascular medicine. While earning his M.B.A from Auburn University, Dr. Saxena owned and operated a multi-provider cardiology practice in Alabama – including the state’s only outpatient cardiac catheterization lab.
Dr. Saxena strives to put patients first. “I consider it a privilege to be a physician,” he says. “Patients enter your office as a stranger and open up their most private concerns and fears to you. It is an honor I take seriously.”
- American Board of Internal Medicine, with subspecialty certification in cardiovascular disease
- MBA, Auburn University
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Georgia
- Residency, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Medicine, Penn State University, Hershey Medical Center
- Medical School, Medical College of GA, School of Medicine, M.D.
- Undergraduate, University of Georgia, B.S. Biology Oglethorpe University
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC)
Let our skilled
doctors help you
live without pain
Connect With Us
*Due to legal limitations, our Free Screening offer cannot be extended to Medicare or Medicaid beneficiaries or other recipients of federal or state health care benefit programs.
Stay In Touch
Office Hours: M–F 8-5