Richard Brinkman, M.D.
Board-Certified Surgeon and Vein Specialist
Dr. Richard Brinkman M.D. has been a board-certified surgeon for over 40 years who earned his medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School. He began his career as a general surgeon at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, IL. He has held positions like Vice President of Medical Staff at Sacred Heart Hospital in Yankton, SD as well as running his own private practices during his tenure.
Dr. Brinkman says, “I knew by the time I was in the 7th grade that I was going to be a doctor and most likely a surgeon”. He chose to be a vascular surgeon because “It required meticulous care and for the instant recognition that you have done a great job when you see instant results when the blood begins to circulate through the vessels you just repaired” says Dr. Brinkman. During his career he also participated in mission trips to Haiti, Philippines, Kenya, and Bolivia where he performed hundreds of surgeries.
Dr. Brinkman is a member of many well-known medical boards like The Chicago Minimally Invasive Surgical Society, Fox Valley Hospice, Counselor of Board of Kane County Medical Society and Chairman Department of Surgery at Copley Hospital. We are extremely fortunate to have him as part of the United Vein Centers team.
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Graduate School, University of Wisconsin, Madison; Masters in Anatomy
- University of South Dakota Medical School
- Northwestern University Medical School: MD
- Copley Hospital, Aurora, IL
- Mercy Center, Aurora, IL
- Delnor Hospital, Geneva, IL
- General Surgery Resident – Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Co-Chair Merger Committee, Yankton Clinic, Yankton, SD
- Vice President of Medical Staff, Sacred Heart Hospital, Yankton, SD
- Surgeon, Yankton Clinic, Yankton, SD
- Private Practice, Aurora, IL
- Locum Tenens, Livingston Hospital, General Surgery, Salem, KY
- Private Practice, General Surgery, Russellville, KY
- Physician, Allure Medical, Bowling Green and Louisville, KY
- American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- Member of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (FACOS)
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association
Let our skilled
doctors help you
live without pain
Connect With Us
*Due to legal limitations, our Free Screening offer cannot be extended to Medicare or Medicaid beneficiaries or other recipients of federal or state health care benefit programs.
Stay In Touch
Office Hours: M–F 8-5