About our Lakeland, Florida Location
At United Vein Centers our Doctors and staff use their superior knowledge and state-of-the-art laser technology to help their patients improve their quality of life by eliminating symptoms such as pain, aching, and swelling caused by damaged or unsightly veins. The team’s mission is to keep patients as healthy and active as possible, allowing you to return to your ideal lifestyle.
REQUEST A FREE SCREENING
Derrick Martin, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Board-Certified Surgeon and Vein Specialist
Dr. Derrick J. Martin, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board certified surgeon and vein specialist who has been practicing medicine for more than 40 years. He is certified by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine and Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing. Dr. Martin specializes in office-based minimally invasive vein procedures to help improve the quality of life to patients who suffer from vein disease.
On top of his work as a surgeon, Dr. Martin has played an active role in medical education, teaching medical students, students physician assistants, and resident doctors, doing his part, and giving back the field of medicine.
- American Board of Surgery
- Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing
- American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, University of the West Indies Medical School
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Residency, Harlem Hospital Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Endoscopy, Harlem Hospital Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Multi-Surgery Specialties, Bayley-Seton Hospital, Staten Island, NY
Between Young Place and Carey Place on the West side of the street. Across from Fat Jack’s and we are in the Coldwell Banker Building, next to KFC.
- Take exit 31 for FL-539 toward Kathleen/Lakeland.
- Turn RIGHT onto FL-539 S/Kathleen Rd.
- Continue onto Sikes Blvd.
- Turn LEFT onto W Lime St.
- Turn right onto Florida Ave S.
- Destination will be on the Right-hand side.
- Take I-4 W to US-92 W/E Hillsborough Ave
- Take exit 7 from I-4 W
- Follow I-4 E to Lakeland.
- Take Exit 31 from I-4E.
- Continue on Kathleen Road to Florida Ave S.
From Polk Parkway: (TOLLS)
- Head west on FL-570 W.
- Take exit 7 for FL-37/S Florida Ave.
- Turn RIGHT onto FL-37 N/Florida Ave S.
- Destination will be on the Left-hand side.
3003 South Florida Ave, Suite 101 Lakeland, FL 33803
- Monday 8AM – 5PM
- Tuesday 8AM – 5PM
- Wednesday 8AM – 5PM
- Thursday 8AM – 5PM
- Friday 8AM – 5PM
- Saturday CLOSED
- Sunday CLOSED
Download the new patient forms
United Vein Centers is dedicated to both patient satisfaction and excellent results. With locations across the United States, we are able to reach a broad spectrum of patients. Our doctors are vein specialists and our staff is thoroughly trained and educated in all aspects of vein health.
Let our skilled
doctors help you
live without pain
Connect With Us
*Due to legal limitations, our Free Screening offer cannot be extended to Medicare or Medicaid beneficiaries or other recipients of federal or state health care benefit programs.
Stay In Touch
Office Hours: M–F 8-5