Derrick Martin, M.D.
Board-Certified Surgeon and Vein Specialist
On top of his work as a surgeon, Dr. Martin has played an active role in medical education, teaching medical students, students physician assistants, and resident doctors, doing his part, and giving back the field of medicine.
After practicing as an Emergency Medicine Doctor in Jamaica, Dr. Martin decided to follow his dream to become a surgeon. He came to the United States and took an internship with Colombia University’s Harlem Hospital Medical Center, then doing his residency there as well. After graduating, he later completed a fellowship in Endoscopy at Harlem hospital and a fellowship in Multi-Specialty Surgery at Bayley-Seton Hospital in Staten Island, NY.
Before he joined us here at United Vein Centers, he enjoyed a successful career spanning several decades as an Attending General Surgeon at several hospitals across the country.
- American Board of Surgery
- Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing
- American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, University of the West Indies Medical School
- Residency, Harlem Hospital Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Endoscopy, Harlem Hospital Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Multi-Surgery Specialties, Bayley-Seton Hospital, Staten Island, NY
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
Let our skilled
doctors help you
live without pain
Connect With Us
*Due to legal limitations, our Free Screening offer cannot be extended to Medicare or Medicaid beneficiaries or other recipients of federal or state health care benefit programs.
Stay In Touch
Office Hours: M–F 8-5