Are you struggling with pain, aches, and heaviness in your legs? Are you noticing your legs are swollen? If you suffer from these symptoms, you may be dealing with a venous disease, in which aching legs are only one piece to the puzzle. We at the United Veins Centers have helped patients who’ve struggled with such venous diseases receive the treatment they need to get back on their feet. Because of this, we’d like to take a moment and explain more about venous diseases and why you might be feeling tightness and heaviness in your legs. We have locations across the United States, such as in Florida, Chicago, Phoenix, and Denver. Once you know more about venous disease, you may want to search “vein specialist near me.”
The Cause of Leg Heaviness and Fatigue
These symptoms of leg pains and aches are the result of what’s called venous insufficiency. Our veins, in contrast to arteries, are what deliver unoxygenated blood back from our limbs and organs to our heart to ‘refuel,’ so-to-speak. In our legs, this means the blood needs to fight gravity, but when our veins aren’t functioning properly, some of the blood can end up pooling in the valves of our veins. This creates stress and difficulty for our veins to function as they normally do, slowing down the process. As a result, we can experience symptoms of pain, itchiness, ulcers around our veins, skin discoloration, or worse in more serious cases. Thankfully, a vein specialist can help resolve these issues with minimally invasive procedures.
How to Research Vein Clinics for Aching Legs
When it comes to doing your homework on vein centers in your area, there are a few red flags you can identify, and a few precautions you can take to ensure you’re seeing a doctor that will take care of you.
- Check for specific, outrageous claims
- When researching what a vein center has to say about their practice, be on the lookout for claims that can be disproven. An example of this would be a center claiming things like “we have performed more procedures than any other center,” or anything that can be disproven. Any provider will be looking to sell their service, such as saying they provide “high-quality service,” but it’s illegal to make false claims if they make specific statements that are not true.
- Look for false credentials
- Anyone can say they’re board-certified, but that doesn’t always mean they’re being honest about it. A board-certified surgeon is one who’s certified with The American Board of Surgery. When contacting the clinic near you, ask about the surgeon who would be performing on you and what their credentials are. You can go here to The American Board of Surgery’s certification checker to see whether or not they are, in fact, certified. Just be sure you’re entering the correct spelling of their name and the state where they are registered.
- Watch out for free screenings if you have Medicare or Medicaid
- Legally, free screenings must be excluded from beneficiaries of Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, or other insurance providers that follow Medicare guidelines. Any clinic claiming they can give you a free screening despite your insurance status would be doing so illegally.
Contact Us for a Vein Specialist Near Me
If you live near one of our locations in Florida, Chicago, Phoenix, or Denver, and you need treatment for aching legs, then contact us today. Our team of board-certified physicians are here to put your health and safety first. We also encourage you to do the same research on us as you should for all vein clinics. Feel confident and safe when you search “vein specialist near me.” We may be able to have you in and out in a single day.